Compassion in World Farming invites individuals who are leaders in their field to endorse our Vision for Fair Food and Farming and become our visionaries.
Currently, over 250 people around the world have signed our Vision. They come from diverse backgrounds - from the arts, media, sports, and civil society to faith and ethics, business, and academia - but are united in their desire to achieve our Vision.
Our vision for fair food and farming
Compassion’s Vision for Fair Food and Farming seeks to achieve global adoption of food and farming policies that respect and protect the interest of people, animals, and the planet. In particular, it calls for:
- Good health by ensuring universal access to sufficient and nutritious food.
- Sustainable farming methods, which support rural livelihoods and relieve poverty.
- Protection for the planet and its precious resources: soil, water, forest, and biodiversity.
- Reduced emissions of greenhouse gases and other pollutants from agriculture.
- Humane farming methods promote the health and natural behaviour of sentient animals and avoid causing them pain and suffering.
- Reduced consumption of animal products in high-consuming populations to meet environmental, health, and sustainability goals.
Read more about the rationale behind our Vision for Fair Food and Farming.